At Knop Law we believe that a high quality and enjoyable physical education programme is a vital part of a child’s development. We aim to develop each child’s physical confidence and skills enabling them to lead healthy lifestyles. Through our curriculum we offer the children opportunities to compete both against themselves and others, in order to build self-confidence, resilience and a sense of fair-play. The curriculum is designed to enable all children to participate including those who are more able as well as those with additional needs. Through the P.E. and Sports premium we aim to:
- Increase participation in sport helping children to become healthier, fitter and happier
- Increase the range of sporting opportunities, both inside and outside of school hours, we will discover talents and signpost children and parents to find a sport that suits their own personality, needs and abilities
- Develop vital life skills about teamwork, how to handle pressure and overcome fear, and develop self-discipline
- Develop commitment, perseverance and confidence required for competitive sports which can be transferred across to the academic areas of learning
We continue to be fully committed to using the government funding to its optimum. We will continue to provide high quality PE lessons within our school taught by our own class teachers alongside our own specialist PE teacher and external sports coaches. We will also strive to improve upon the number of opportunities we can give our children to be involved in and compete within competitive sports within the city and within our TRUST of schools.
PE Premium Allocation 2018-19: £19,730
‘Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE and Sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this’. (DfE June 2013) Funding for schools is calculated by the number of primary aged pupils (between the ages of 5 and 11) as at the annual census in January 2016. All schools with 17 or more primary aged pupils will receive a lump sum of £8,000 plus a premium of £5 per pupil.
For the academic year 2016/17 at Knop Law we have split our funding between:
- Achieving high quality PE lessons for all.
- Increasing participation and inclusion
- Providing competitive school sporting opportunities for all.
- Promoting healthy Active Lifestyles
- Developing leadership of the subject thus incorporating developing partnerships within the wider sporting community.
Please download the latest 'P.E. and Sports Funding' statement to look further at how we have allocated the funding in more detail.